Reed Memorial Library Health and Safety Statement
Reed Memorial Library has implemented the following measures per state and local health guidelines:
- Six-foot minimum distance between all individuals or the minimum required by the Ohio Dept of Health (ODH). Visual indicators and signage posted in high traffic areas demonstrating a six-foot distance.
- No more than 40 individuals may be in public spaces at one time with the current limited library floor plan.
- Staff will not report to work and the public should refrain from entering the library if showing the following COVID-19 symptoms in the last 72 hours: cough, fever, respiratory illness, or difficulty breathing.
- Clear, protective, counter shields installed at transaction desks between staff and public where appropriate/possible.
- Sanitization of shared surfaces by staff, hourly as needed, to high-touch areas.
- Returned materials quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours before substantial contact with staff.
- The public is encouraged to use self-checkout stations instead of interacting with staff, when possible.
- Payment by credit card or online is encouraged.
- Employees are required to wear masks. Staff may supply their own masks or choose to wear one provided by the library.
- Staff will self-monitor their temperatures prior to reporting for work and stay home if over 100.4 degrees.
- An adequate supply of cleaning products, masks, and gloves will be available to staff. Staff required to perform thorough hand washing for at least 20 seconds per ODH guidelines; Glove use is optional but available for staff as needed/requested.
- Staff will clean workstations before and after use.
RML strongly advises members of the public to refrain from entering buildings if you or a member of your household has been ill or has a temperature. We require the public to wear their own masks in the library, in compliance with state and local regulations.
Please use this opportunity to learn more about our digital resources and follow us on Facebook , Instagram and YouTube as we bring library events and programs to you via social media. Library staff is available by phone or live chat on this website during regular library hours. After hours and anytime, email us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.