Special borrowing priveleges
We help teachers by providing additional materials that they can check out and use in the classroom. Educators can sign up for a special Teacher card at the Public Services desk. Teacher cards have longer borrowing periods and more generous limits than a standard library card. We will select materials based on your guidelines and have them ready to pick up. Inquire about a teacher loan request here.
Teacher Loan Card Policy
To apply for a teacher library card, you must present a letter from your employer on their letterhead stating you are a teacher of a school OR
If you are homeschooling, provide a copy of a receipt for the curriculum you have purchased and a letter for approval from the school district in which you live (on their letterhead).
You must have a regular library card, in good standing, at any Portage County Library.
- Limit of 75 items checked out at one time
- 6 weeks (non-renewable)
- Teacher is responsible for all items checked out.
- Reed Memorial, Kent Free, and Portage County Library items are exempt from daily fines. If items are requested in from SearchOhio and OhioLink, the owning library’s loan periods and fines do apply.
- Additional fee of $.55 is assessed when you receive a mailing for items 2 weeks past due date.
- Accounts with long overdue materials will be sent to a Collection Agency
- New Children’s, Teen, and Adult items (has “NEW” label), Holiday labeled picture books are NOT allowed on teacher card
- Items for personal use, cake pans, DVD/VHS are NOT allowed on teacher card
Materials your class needs
If your class is working on a special project, we can gather and reserve materials for your students to use in the library. Materials will be pulled and marked for "In Library Use Only" allowing all your students access to resources. Fill out a Classroom Assignment form here.
Bring your class for a visit
We'd love to have your class visit the library to learn what they can do with all there is to do and use at their local library. Contact us about scheduling a tour. Visits will be scheduled to the extent that staff limitations and other program or service priorities in Children's Services Department permits. Classes outside Ravenna City limits must check with their local library first.
Reed Memorial Library staff thanks you for helping us build strong relationships between our library and Ravenna City Schools, preschools and daycares. Please feel free to contact Angela Young, Children's Services Manager, with questions, concerns, or ideas at 330.296.2827 ext. 300 or email the children's department with questions and inquiries.