What is the Friends of the Library?
The Friends is a group of local residents and business members of the community who value public library service and believe that their library is one of the key elements that make their community a great place to live. They volunteer their time and talent to promote the use of the library and to raise funds which are used to enhance library services.
What Friends do for the Library
- Organize and conduct book sales and operate the bookstore inside the library
- Sponsor cultural events for the community
- Raise funds that are used to support library events
- Support Summer Reading Programs for adullts, children and young adults
- Are library advocates and often serve as the voice of the community in contact with administrators and legislators
The Friends of RML can always use your gently used books and magazines. Proceeds from donated material help the Library in its efforts.
How Do I become a Friend of the Library?
Membership applications and brochures about the Reed Memorial Library Friends of the library organization are available in the library. Friends Board and committee members generally meet once a month to conduct their business. There is a small membership fee to join the Friends. As a Friend of the Library you can choose how much you wish to become involved but be assured---you will be among "Friends."