Located near the door by our parking lot. Rates are $1.75 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional fax sent in the US, Canada, and Caribbean. International rates are $3.95 for the first page and $3.45 for additional pages. Payment is by credit or debit card. Visit faxscan24.com for more information.
Don't forget, you can scan and send a document through email using our computers free of charge.
Free Notary Service is now available at Reed Memorial Library during the Library’s hours of business. Notary publics are on staff, but schedules vary; please call ahead to confirm availability. Nothing can be notarized during the last hour before the library closes.
Ohio law requires that the person signing the document to be notarized must appear in person and present proper identification.
This free service includes only simple documents of less than ten (10) pages.
Documents that we are unable to notarize:
- Any Real Estate Transactions, including Quit Claim Deeds
- Corporate Documents
- Documents with more than ten (10) pages
- Documents in languages other than English
- Documents which require an electronic signature
• What if I forget to bring my identification?
We will not be able to notarize any documents for you at that time.
• I don’t have a Driver’s License. What other form of identification can I show?
Adults must show identification that shows their picture, signature, identification number, their physical description and an expiration date. Acceptable forms of identification are: driver’s license, green card, military ID, government, state or inmate ID card, or a passport.
Minors (under 18) only, can show a certified copy of their birth certificate.
Per Ohio law, we cannot accept out-of-country IDs. Legal residents of other countries must present a valid passport.
• Do all blanks have to be filled in before I have my document notarized?
Yes. Blank spaces not used in a document should have a line drawn through them so that no one can add to the terms of the document after it was signed.
• Can you come to my nursing / assisted living facility or home to notarize documents?
No. You must come to the library in person (and with proper ID) to have documents notarized.
• Can you provide legal advice regarding my document?
No. A Notary Public is not a licensed attorney. If you have legal questions about your document, we recommend that you consult an attorney.
• When are notaries available at the Reed Memorial Library?
It is a good idea to phone ahead to check if a Notary Public is on duty when you want to come in. There are notaries available most of the time, but not always. Also, nothing can be notarized during the last hour before the library closes.
• I need my birth certificate notarized. What should I do?
If you were born anywhere in Ohio, go to the Dept. of Vital Statistics at Kent City Hall and obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate.
If you were born outside of Ohio, go to:
and order a copy of your birth certificate be sent to you.
• Can you notarize a document that is in a language other than English?
No. We refer you to the:
International Institute of Akron
207 E. Tallmadge Ave.
Akron, OH 44310
Should you have further questions, please call the library at (330) 296-2827 x400.